Wednesday, November 2, 2011

That Sephora post I mentioned yesterday...

Here it is. I'll be honest, I totally forgot I said I was going to do it...I got so excited about my 13Gypsies review below that the Sephora post slipped my mind.
I'm in the laundrymat waiting on clothes to dry, so why not give you a quick post....


As I've mentioned before, I'm signed up for Sephora's Beauty Insider club. Haven't bought a damn thing yet, but...I'm still signed up, dammit!( You can sign up as well by going here .It's fast and free.)

A perk of membership is a free gift on your birthday. This has been the first year there has been a Sephora anywhere near me, so I jumped at the chance. You simply go into any Sephora (including Sephora inside JC Pennys) and either flash your Beauty Insider card, or tell them your email. A nice thing about this promotion is that you have a good amount of time to claim your prize. Sephora lets you pick up your gift two weeks before or two weeks after your actual bday. Awesome.
Let's take a look at the gift.
Philosophy 6oz. 3-in-1 shower gel/bubble bath/shampoo in Vanilla Birthda Cake (The Pretty Amazing lipcolor sample is not a birthday freebie; rather, it's a Beauty Insider gift any member could pick up during October. I had one already but the makeup gnomes made off with it, and I haven't been able to locate it. Luckily I was able to get a replacement, which is now in a safer place.)EDIT 11/3/11 : I found my original sample. The gnomes must have realized I was onto them.

 Upon first sniff, I was a little underwhelmed. I have the Philosophy Mint Chocolate Chip 3-in-1, and it is my absolute FAVORITE. Pure chocolatemint goodness. The Vanilla cake just doesn;t have the same potency right out of the bottle. I tested a tiny bit out by washing my hands with it, and I have to say, it does get a bit stronger once it's lathered up. Still not the strongest scent, though. I'll have to try it as a shampoo or body wash to get the full effect.

Has anyone else out there tried this or any other Philosophy product? What did you think? What's your favorite scent from Philosophy?

No comments:

Post a Comment