Tuesday, December 13, 2011

NYC New York Color

After hearing about all the goodies that  box subscription services like Birchbox and Luxebox had to offer, I went on a search to find a cheaper version. Luckily, I stumble onto Influenster. link here. Influenster was only accepting a certain amount of people to recieve their Holiday Voxbox. I sent them my information, and was pleasantly surprised when I recieved an email from them a few days later, saying that I was selected to receive the 2011 Holiday box!


I'm going to get to all the items in a whole post another day, but today I'm going to showcase one of my favorite items I recieved in the box: NYC liquid lipshine.
I've been a fan of NYC for years. I loved their double ended eyeliners and their roll on lipglosses (I've been wearing this stuff a long time...I'm honestly not even sure if they still make either of those products...) I've never gotten to try the liquid lipshine, though.

From the Voxbox NYC page: A beauty-editor favorite is Liquid Lipshine ($2.49). It has pure pigments that created a 3-D gloss effect. Vitamin E provides shine and a moisturizing feel. The formula is non-sticky, super shiny & soft. Available in 10 on-trend shades from neutral nudes, to berries & fuchsias.



 NYC Liquid Lipshine in Nude York City.
My first nude lippie ever. I've never been one for nude lips, for fear they'll make me look like a mannequin  0.o. I usually stick with clear . So this was an interesting new experience for me.
Frst impression: This stuff applies like a dream. Or at least, pretty close to one. It applies smoothly, smells great (very subtle smell, but nothing plastic or artificial.) There's virtually no stickiness either. This stuff is pretty nice, and definitely one of my favorite items in the Voxbox.

You can find nyc cosmetics on their website (http://www.newyorkcolor.com/)  as well as most stores: Target, Walmart, Walgreens, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment