Sunday, May 15, 2011

Shatter nails version 2

Let me just go on record right now and say that one look I will NEVER do is white nails on their own. As I type this, I have my right hand done in white polish, and it looks HORRIBLE. White nails look tacky, clunky almost, as if you're wearing white-out all over your nails instead of actual polish.Blech.
So, you may be asking yourself, why am I wearing white poish if I'm so against it? It's only the first step in a nail look! Before I post pictures of the completed look, I'm going to do a quick review of the polish.

Sally Beauty Supply Sally Girl Nail Color
First, the good: This is cheap. We're talking a whopping .80-.99 cents a bottle cheap.
The not-so-good: As I previously mentioned, white polish generally makes you look like you've applied white out to your nails. This one is no different. Also, it may be cheap, but it's a tiny bottle. Which means it has a tiny brush, which means any person with average sized hands/ nails will need multiple brush strokes to apply this. Not a deal breaker by any means, just a bit time-consuming. A final not great thing to mention is that there is no actual lable on these bottles. Rather, the brand name and everything else is printed directly on the bottle...in white. Which means I can't read a damn thing on this bottle.
Onto the shatter: As I've already said, I am in love with the Shatter. So I was a bit surprised when it didn't perform as well as it normally does. Is Shatter a snob who refuses to play nice with lower-end products? I hope not, because the Shatter was pricier than any other polish I own.

 Blurry, but can you see how there's still big chucks of Shatter polish that didn't rise to the challenge?


No comments:

Post a Comment